Thursday, October 25, 2007

Megan's Second Blog

Now that the weeks are narrowing down, I'm getting more and more nervous to go. I talked to my parents about the trip and they don't seem to excited about the trip-,y dad especially. My grandma calls me just about every day to make sure I know that I should never be out of the teacher's sight when I'm down there and to always have a bathroom buddy, NEVER GO ALONE she always says. They are my family so they worry about me no matter what I do, so I don't let it bother me to much. I can't help but vision what Nicaraguans will be like, and living there for a week. I know one week is not a long time, but it's better than not going or expirencing at all. Our book, Nicaragua: Living in the shadow of the eagle, gives an ugly truth about America's meddlings down there, and I wonder if we'll feel the effects of some of our past relations. When white American students show up to look at how Nicaraguans live with cameras in thier hand, will they smile for the pictures or wonder what bisiness they have down there? Will they be happy to see us and tell us their story, or will they...not?

Well, only one way to find out huh? I'll let you know what I find.

No comments: